First, check our FAQs page for answers to common questions. If you don't find what you're looking for, please email us at the address listed below.
You can email Newf Friends at email@example.com
Mailing Address: PO Box 1139 Bancroft, ON K0L 1C0 Canada
Because we are volunteer run and foster home based, we don't have a physical location or a dedicated phone line. We do not publicly list the private phone numbers of our volunteers. If you need to speak to a volunteer please email us and someone will contact you.
Surrendering Your Newf
If you are not sure about giving up your Newf, talk to one of our volunteers. We may be able to give you suggestions or advice that make it possible to keep your Newf. You can reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you decide to give up your Newf we will do our best to find it an excellent forever home - our applicants are screened thoroughly and we currently have several applications on file of families waiting for the right Newf to come along. You can reach us by email if you have questions or download & complete the Relinquish Form which gives us the information we need to help us select the right foster home.
download Word file or PDF file
Please note, we are a rescue for purebred Newfoundland Dogs. On occasion, we may accept Newf mixes if they are very Newf-like in temperament and appearance if foster space allows.
Adopting a dog
Our adoption process is as follows:
1. Submit a completed online application
2. A volunteer will email you with any questions and to request photos of your fenced yard
3. Telephone interview
4. Vet reference check
5. Home visit
6. Meet and Greet with the dog you have been matched to (adoption can happen the same day as the meet and greet)
- Before completing our application please read our Frequently Asked Question (FAQ) page on our website – this explains our adoption policies and procedures
- A securely fenced yard directly off your home is a mandatory requirement to be considered for adoption – see our FAQ page for details
- Generally, we do not adopt dogs to homes with children under the age of 8 – see our FAQ page for details
- We will consider homes within a 1-day drive of the dog's foster location – applicants from outside of our placement area will not be considered. See our FAQ page for details.
To be considered for adopting a dog through our program, please read our FAQ page, then complete our Adoption Application found here.
If you are unable to access the web form, visit this page for more options.
At Newf Friends, the dogs in our care are our top priority. Everything we do is in their best interest to ensure their safety, their health and their happiness. We work very hard to have a clear understanding of the unique needs of each dog in our program and to match them to a carefully screened family that is the right fit for them -- we want our adoptions to be a success for both the dog and their new family. We have very stringent screening protocols and strict policies in place to ensure that the needs of every dog in our program are met. We have successfully placed hundreds of Newfs with wonderful, loving families. Thanks to these very careful placement strategies we have a placement success rate of 98%.
Volunteering and Fostering
We are always in need of volunteers and foster homes - visit our volunteer page to learn more.
To be considered for joining the Newf Friends team please complete our volunteer and/or foster application.