Tank needs your help to raise $6000 for his new hips!
Donations can be made online through our Canada Helps page. We are a division of HART and a tax receipt will be issued for your kind donation. Please select TANK's HAPPY HIPS from the drop down menu to direct your donation to Tank!
Given his young age and otherwise good health it is felt that with corrective surgery Tank will be able to enjoy a long, happy, pain-free life. So with the help of you, our supporters, let's get Tank the new hips he needs!
We've done numerous knee surgeries, but this is the first time we've needed to fund-raise for hip replacement therapy -- boy, oh, boy it's a big undertaking! We've been contacting a variety of specialists and prices for replacement of both hips are in the $10,000 - $12,000 range, but we have found one reputable surgeon who will perform the surgeries for around $9000.
Our action plan is as follows:
- Begin a weight loss program for Tank to prepare him for surgery - this has already begun and so far he is doing great!
- Begin hydrotherapy - target date November
- Replace the worse of his hips as soon as he reaches his goal weight - target date December/January
- Rehabilitation over the winter
- Reassess Tank's mobility in the Spring and determine if the second hip needs to be replaced at that time (it is expected that we will need to replace both)
Your support is greatly appreciated to help us raise the funds to give Tank the pain-free life he deserves. Please help!
Donations can be made online through our Canada Helps page. We are a division of HART and a tax receipt will be issued for your kind donation. Please select TANK's HAPPY HIPS from the drop down menu to direct your donation specifically to Tank!
- Nov 20-13: Tank's first hydrotherapy appointment
- Nov 28-13: Tank in the tank!
- Jan 10-14: Tank exercising at home
- Jan. 31-14: Working hard at hydrotherapy (with video!)